SL Education faire

2009-02-04
Linden Lab and Resident Support Organizations organized a Education Support Faire last week, like Unti already reported. I visited the area just the faire was over, but the stands were still there, so I could move with my new segway easily :) There were many nice things, but especially I liked two places. I was very impressed with the project Skoolaborate (see the very good videos), where teenage students from Japan, USA and Australia had a project together in SL (or it must be in Teen SL?!). There were a lot of exchange in different cultures. I'm sure there will be more this kind of projects in the future.

The second stand I liked was the Earworms MBT in SL, a way to learn languages in SL, Ipod or PC. One could listen a tape of greetings in French, Japanese, Arabic, etc. Quite fascinating, but I would still want to see the text too. Two people (one in English and the other native with other language) were speaking phrases like "I would like to have a cup of tea." with a soft music in the backgroud. They repeated the phrases in a suggestive way, so if you're riding a bus or so, one could maybe easily learn some basics of a new language.

Looking around in the faire area.

0 kommenttia

Secunda vita | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com